Thursday, January 1, 2015

11111011111

What a great year 2014 was for information security; spam campaigns, Home Depot, Sony, too many hits to list. One thing I enjoy doing around this time of year is checking the previous years predictions and trends, and seeing who got close.

What will 2015 bring for us? I am not certain but I feel that cloud security, spam (as always), and BYoD devices will continue to be major pain points for any company. As for the rise of retail hacking, I can only assume that the trend will continue this year. A few questions that any system/network/security administrator should ask themselves; "Are my printers secure?"; "How good is my spam filtering?"; "Do we use any clear-text passwords?"; "Do we have a plan when we have a breach?"

Read the SANS 2015 Predictions, as well as Verizon's Data Breach Investigations Report. Proactive monitoring is my mantra. Keep an eye out for the bad guys and have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment that is relevant to the post.